Academy Soccer Program
Our Academy soccer program is open to eager U9-U14 soccer player that may express an interest in higher level of training and competition. We encourage any player who is ready to move from our traditional youth soccer league to connect with our Director of Coaching, Declan McSheffrey.
It is the job of our coaching director & staff to develop these young players into avid and enthusiastic soccer players. Success at these ages is not based on wins/loses nor is it about competing at the highest level. The development of the individual player is the main priority.
Academy soccer is designed to support and assist the dedicated soccer player in increasing their technical soccer skills and abilities. Our philosophy is to provide age and developmentally appropriate training and instruction in an environment that encourages individual player growth and promotes the enjoyment, enthusiasm, camaraderie, and sportsmanship of the game. In the Academy age groups, the goal is to develop players and teach them the skills they will need to compete at higher soccer levels. The focus is not on team wins and losses, but upon the complete development of the individual player.
- Our Academy teams are U9-U12 for both Boys & Girls. FSC is committed to our current teams and will continue to "age-up" each soccer year to play 11v11. We currently field 2010 & 2009 Boys teams.
- This is an “invite to play" soccer program.
- Players will be evaluated to ensure that those selected will be competent enough to thrive in a competitive training environment.
- Fall season begins third week of July until Thanksgiving break and resumes for Spring season second week in January until mid-May. Optional Winter Break Training
- Coaches are hired by the Club Director and USSF licensed.
Teams train two (2) times a week as well as an optional opportunity for goalkeeper training & skills training.
- Practice time range from 1 hr-1.5hr
- Players and parents must be aware that there is a commitment level necessary for participation.
- Practice times and tournament/playdate schedules are set at the beginning of each season. ***Schedules are subject to change due to weather and/or cancelations beyond our control***
Teams play in soccer playdates (1 day) and weekend tournaments (2 days) Our teams travel mostly locally (within an hour drive), however some of our teams may to choose further distance tournaments. (Potential Travel--Mobile, Foley, Pensacola, Destin, Panama City, Gulfport, Metairie, LA)
Fees range from $100-125/month. Additional costs for uniforms and travel. More details are provided for your specific team based fees after team placement.
“We Play Together, We Win Together, We Lose Together, We Stay Together.”