Volunteer Background Check & Risk Management
Each soccer year Alabama Soccer Association (ASA) requires a background check and other risk management certification. Your background check and other certifications expire one year from when you completed. Risk Management is a method for identifying risks in all areas and developing and implementing a plan to protect an organization and prevent loss. The Risk Management policies based on US Soccer and USYS guidelines.
Fairhope Soccer Club follows ASA guidelines to provide a healthy, safe, and enjoyable soccer environment for all our participants. We appreciate all our coaches, assistant coaches, team managers and staff completing all requirements within a timely manner.
To begin: Your name and email has been added to GotSports.
Please login with link below and request a new password. https://system.gotsport.com
If you do not receive a new password in a timely manner, please contact Jacque Boyer,Admin/Registrar
Input your personal information to your account and save. Click on DASHBOARD
Click on More Info to complete requirements.
- Background Check—You need your social security number.
- SafeSports--Copy the access code provided after clicking More Info. Click Start Course and follow the instructions. ACCESS CODE: YC3E-6P5G-YYIL-CS2M
- Coach Safely--See Instructions Below
- Certificates--Upon completion of Safe Sports & Coach Safely, make sure to save your certificates. Both certificates MUST be uploaded into your Dashboard to complete all requirements for insurance purposes. https://system.gotsport.com/users/login
Overall process may take up to 3 hours depending. You can always go back if you are unable to complete in one sitting.
Coach Safely Instructions:
- Login at https://www.coachsafely.org/
- Click on SOM100-AL Alabama Recreation and Parks – Coach Safely Course
- Choose District 7—Add to cart and checkout
- Click I am New to UAB and register
- You will be given a Blazer ID & create a password
- Re-enter Blazer ID & password—Create your profile
- Make sure to click Contact by Email so you will receive a yearly reminder to complete
- You will receive 2 emails—Receipt & Enrollment
- To access Canvas and your course, please go to https://uabonline.instructure.com/and use your BlazerID and associated password to log in. Please note the access may not be immediate and can take up to one hour.
- Complete ALL Modules
- A couple of items to note are related to the certificate of completion and virtual training. The automated process of printing and emailing the certificates of completion will be completed in a month. In the meantime, they will be done manually and there will be a two-week arrival time. For those organizations requiring proof of course completion prior to you receiving your certificate, please print the final page of the course which reads "FINISHED" at the top for submission and/or upload until your certificate is received. The course must be completed to reach this page