About Fairhope Academy
Our Academy soccer program is available to the keen and eager young soccer player that may express an early interest in the game. We encourage any player who is ready to move from recreational soccer, seeking higher level of training and competition to join our academy. It is the job of our coaching director & staff to develop these young players into avid and enthusiastic soccer players. Success at these ages is not based on wins/loses nor is it about competing at the highest level. The development of the individual player is the main priority.
Academy soccer is designed to support and assist the dedicated soccer player in increasing their technical soccer skills and abilities. Our philosophy is to provide age and developmentally appropriate training and instruction in an environment that encourages individual player growth and promotes the enjoyment, enthusiasm, camaraderie, and sportsmanship of the game. In the Academy age groups, the goal is to develop players and teach them the skills they will need to compete at higher soccer levels. The focus is not on team wins and losses, but upon the complete development of the individual player.
Our Academy teams are U9 & above for both Boys & Girls
This is an “invite to play" soccer program.
Players will be evaluated to ensure that those selected will be competent enough to thrive in a competitive environment that Academy training will provide.
Academy Fall season begins third week of July until Thanksgiving break and resumes for Spring season second week in January until mid-May. Optional Winter Break Training
Coaches are hired by the Club Director and USSF licensed.
Teams train two (2) times a week and have an optional opportunity for goalkeeper training. Practice time range from 1hr-1.5hr
Players and parents must be aware that there is a commitment level necessary for Academy participation. Practice times and tournament/playdate schedules are set at the beginning of each season. ***Schedules are subject to change due to weather and/or cancelations beyond our control***
Academy teams play in soccer playdates (1 day) and weekend tournaments (2 days) Our teams travel regionally (Mobile, Foley, Pensacola, Destin, Panama City, Montgomery, Gulfport)
Academy fees range from $70-110/month. Additional costs for uniforms and travel. More details are provided for your specific team based on the season goals after team placement.
“We Play Together, We Win Together, We Lose Together, We Stay Together.”
Academy vs. Recreational
How to decide what is the right soccer program for your child and your family? One of the most frequently asked questions is "What is Fairhope Academy Soccer?"and how is it different than recreational soccer?
- There is no selection/tryout process in recreational soccer.
- Players of all levels who register are assigned to a team per age group.
- There is usually a one-time registration fee per season, which includes uniform
- Players benefit from the opportunity for social interaction with other players their own age and physical fitness aspects of the game while also developing better soccer skills.
- There are two seasons, Fall and Spring. Teams play approximately 8 games per season.
- All practices/games are located Fairhope Soccer Complex.
- All coaches are volunteers and usually parents of players.
Before joining an Academy team, there are certain factors you should evaluate:
· Am I, as a parent, willing to make the financial commitment of the team fees and travel expenses for the per season/year?
· Am I, as a parent, willing to make the time commitment of getting my child to two (2) practices per week during the season? Academy teams typically practice July-November for Fall season and mid-January through mid-May for Spring season.
· Am I, as a parent, willing to make the commitment of getting my child to games on the weekend, even out of town games?
· Am I, as a parent, willing to allow my child to play some games on Sunday or even during a weeknight in the event of a reschedule?
· Does my child have time in their schedule? Can he/she balance school, homework, school sports, and/or other extra-curricular activities to commit to a competitive/travel team?
· Does my child want to play soccer competitively for 3-4 months rather than only 8-week season in our recreational program?
If you answered "yes" to the questions above, then Fairhope Academy is right for you!