FSC COVID-19 Guidelines
Fairhope Soccer Club has adopted these guidelines based on information from US Soccer, Alabama Soccer Association, and state/local government. These guidelines can be adjusted and modified based on the health and safety of our soccer community and memberships. We all have the responsibility to practice the following guidelines/practices for all our people involved with Fairhope Soccer Club activities.
· Have you or the player been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
· Are you or the player experiencing a cough, shortness of breath or sore throat?
· Have you or the player had a fever in the last 48 hours?
· Have you or the player experienced new loss of taste or smell?
· Have you or the player experienced vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
- We ask each parent and those of their participating or spectating children before arriving to check your temperature. A normal temperature does not exceed 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Anyone who exhibits COVID-19 symptoms (answers yes to any of the screening questions above or who is running a fever) should leave the sporting event immediately, or not go to it, and seek medical care or COVID-19 testing or both.
Protective Face Coverings: Protective face masks/coverings are required for anyone that is not directly involved with athletic activity – coaches, injured players, parents/guardians and family members.
Players are required to wear face mask/coverings on arrival & departure to fields/complex. Players are NOT REQUIRED to wear mask/face covering while playing soccer but will be allowed wear one. This will be up to the parent/guardian’s discretion. Wearing Masks During Soccer Practice
Maintain social distancing of 6 feet from a person other than your household while at Fairhope Soccer Complex as well as in the parking lot. Only players and coaches will be allowed less than 6 feet apart in order to directly participate in training and games.
We are limiting the number of family members that are allowed into the complex. Those who are not directly involved in FSC activity, please remain in your car/parking lot. For players under age 10, one parent will be allowed to stay and watch using social distancing. Please consider not carpooling or very limited carpooling.
All players, coaches & family members will refrain from handshakes, high fives, fist bumps, hugs etc. Encourage your player to take responsibility for simple things he or she can do to stay safe, such as wearing a face covering to and from training, avoiding sharing water bottles, not touching teammates or equipment with his or her hands, washing hands before training, and arriving to training fully dressed ready to play. Properly label all drinks, soccer ball and backpacks.
Increase hand washing practices. Sanitizer stations will be located throughout the complex. Limit of 2 people in the bathroom. Wash your hands for 20 seconds before returning to field. Bathrooms will be cleaned at regular intervals.
Players will not touch any equipment or wear any pinnies/bids. Ensure all soccer equipment is sanitized before and after use.
ASA Waiver is REQUIRED and must be signed by all participants prior to event/activity. All youth players must have a parent/guardian signature. REQUIRED WAIVER